Road Safety Donations
As the leading road safety-focused not-for-profit organization in the Permian Basin, PRSC often fields requests for donations of equipment, expertise or money to assist government agencies and other not-for-profit entities. While we are not able to fulfill every request, every request is given due consideration.
With the support of our Board of Directors and other Coalition Partners, PRSC contributed more than $300,000 to first responders and infrastructure projects in 2019:
- Equipment and supplies to equip a new rescue truck purchased by Loving County, TX, Fire-Rescue
- Matching funds for a BUILD Grant for the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to build a critical overpass project on Hwy. 302 and Hwy. 115 in Kermit, TX
- Support for the Texas Department of Public Safety Foundation (DPS), which supports those who serve and protect us
- Equipment and supplies for the Delaware Basin Emergency Preparedness Initiative (DBEPI)
Delaware Basin Emergency Preparedness Initiative (DBEPI)
DBEPI is a project of law enforcement, fire departments, other emergency services agencies, and industry representatives to identify gaps in life-saving equipment and training across the Delaware Basin portion of the Permian Basin of Southeast New Mexico and West Texas. From late-2017 to mid-2020, these groups met regularly to develop goals and a list of needs based on coverage, call volumes and industry operations.
- Save lives
- Create safe space for inter-government collaboration; bridge 13-year gap in preparedness planning at the local level
- Secure donations for first responders’ recommended equipment needs
- Secure donations for first responders’ recommended training
- Secure funding and donations for communications and 911-infrastructure to improve communications at the New Mexico-Texas border and in geographic locations opened up by industry that previously did not experience calls for service and to improve interoperability throughout the Permian Basin
- Work with local first responder officials for placement and prioritization of donated equipment
- Reduce response times and improve emergency management coordination and mutual aid
- Mitigate industry impacts on emergency services and first responders
In November 2019, PRSC and our Coalition Partners announced $400,000 in support for DBEPI. Battery-powered “Jaws of Life,” high capacity fire extinguishers, air ambulance landing kits, and H2S monitors will be delivered in early 2020 to counties and municipalities across the Delaware Basin.
If you or your company would like to learn more about how to support DBEPI, please email the PRSC’s Executive Director.